Thursday 3 May 2012

The Adventure one year on..........


Wow has it really been a year?.....tomorrow(4th) sees my first year as an allotment holder the time has really flown by, I can’t imagine life without the allotment now it’s become such a big part of my life most of my free time is spent at the plot in one way or another, it’s my way of dealing with the stresses of running a busy kitchen and the challenges that it throws at me. I can spend an hour after work just pottering about and the stress and worry of the day just lifts from my shoulders.
 
I love spending time with my whole little family at the allotment if the girls aren’t digging or planting something they are hunting for daisy’s or playing with the other children on the plot.I have such big plans now this year for the allotment and I spent all the winter preparing for it with the addition of my raised beds and the new compost area it feels almost complete.I did have a really good harvest last year but I didn’t prepare much for the winter or spring but this year it will all be different.

Bring on the next 12 months………





4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first year as a plot holder, hard work in the beginning but so worth it. Roll on summer eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many new allotmenteers don't make it to the first year so well done for sticking at it. You are obviously a stayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first anniversary. Last winter was the first that I really managed to be successfully harvesting from the allotment. I'm hoping that I get it right again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, I like that your family is involved that makes it so very good...

    ReplyDelete